Dynamic Digital Signs DSA, Basics
Part I, The Basics of Dynamic Digital Signs:
LED Electronic Message Center Signs and LCE digital signage.
Here we are discussing the basics DSA LCD signs displays, players, and software
- Hardware, Monitor, Player, and Mounts.
- Software: Arrange and Manage Content
- Connectivity: Manage remote, update immediate, can be hardwired or wifi.
- Content Design: Need to have great initial design and layout. Content must be kept fresh. This can be done with in-house graphics department or 3rd party content manager.
- Operations: Installation of System and maintenance, short and long-term
- Business: ROI, Savings, Revenue
- Fast Food
- Art Exhibits
- Buildings: Lobbies, Board Rooms, Commercial Spaces
- Medical: Waiting rooms
- Institutions: Colleges, Universities, Government. Directories, Information and Advertisement.
Basic Questions to determine the type of system
- Why go Digital?
- What are the project goals? Today, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years. This will help determine the right software solution.
- Who are the stakeholders: Marketing / IT. Are they working together?
- Who is creating and updating Content?
- What content and how is it to be displayed?
- Where is the best location of the Digital Signs?
- Where is the player to be located? Player integrated into or in close proximity to display monitor will save $$$. Remote players and cables are expensive.
- What training is required and who is the trainer?
- How many signs in the future.
Commercial grade displays
- Orientation: Portrait and landscape
- Runtime: 24/7 or 16/7.
- Wider viewing angle
- Robust frames and better glass.
- Less image burn issues.
- Run cooler, added fans.
- Better Warranties: 3 years with the better response team. You will void the warranty of a consumer tV used in a commercial application.
- Added Attributes: extra brightness, touch screen capabilities, number and kinds of connectors (HDMI, VGA, RSS, DVI).
- 4K digital signage: Next level of high def. 4 times better.
- Augmented Reality Technology: Actual to virtual
- Analytics Driven Signage
- HTML5 for content: Latest version of HTML website, future content integration easier.
- Live Video
- Tablet technology
- Interactive digital signs
- Automated/Intelligent retail and vending
- Stand-alone: direct to SD card
- Local Area Network
- Simple file sharing, internet connected.
- Cloud: requires a service contract.
Concludes Part I